Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Inspiration



Each year about this time, I find my Christmas spirit, cheer, and inspiration need a boost.  There never seems to be enough time for the shopping, gift wrapping, baking, decorating, cards, visiting, parties and festivities.  To rekindle my Christmas spirit, I turn to some of my favorite Christmas books.  American Country Christmas was written by Mary Emmerling and is filled with dozens of photos.


A Country Christmas is a Time-Life book and one of my favorite books.  Each year, I find myself turning to this book for decorating ideas and inspiration.  This book fills my head with visions of primitive Christmas decorating.



Colonial Williamsburg is surely one of the most beautifully decorated places for Christmas.  All the decorations are made from natural materials.  Oh the sights and smells of Williamsburg at Christmas is a wonderful experience and drives away any bah hum bugs.


I have many other Christmas books and magazines which give me inspiration and ideas.  Sometimes, I just need a time out to recharge my holiday spirit.

3 comments:

  1. When we're so busy, Christmas is over before we get to enjoy it!! Hope your spirit is rekindled and you get time to relax and enjoy. Great collection of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand EXACTLY what you mean - it all seems to overcome me and I start to loose the fun and joy aspect of Christmas - books like you describe give me a boost too - which this year with our dreadful weather is doubly needed! Happy Christmas Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas preparations can be overwhelming some times. May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through

    ReplyDelete